Welcome to the Beehive’s Digital Basics. This article will give you basic information that will help you get the most out of your experience with our website and gaining digital literacy skills.
Glossary tool tips: By hovering, not clicking, your cursor over words that appear in orange (such as the word cursor), you’ll see a popup block that will give a glossary definition of the word.
You can navigate to articles of interest to you in several ways:
- Click on the Beginners, Intermediate Users, or Advanced Users options in the navigation bar toward the top of every page. This will display a list of articles that fit into each category. You then click on the title of the story you want to read to read more.
- Click on “I want to learn about…” in the navigation bar to see a list of topics that we have written about here.
- The “I want to learn more about…” list is also displayed in the right hand column of many of the pages of this site. You can click on any term and it will return a list of articles that talk about that term. The larger the font size of the term, the more articles there are associated with it (this is often referred to as a “Tag Cloud”).
- You can also use the “search” option in the right hand column. Just click your cursor in the white box, type in a word or words you want more information about, and click “search”.
- There are “Previous article: ” and “Next article: ” arrows that appear near the top of each article. Clicking on these will take you to the chronologically previous and next article that was created on this site.
Voting: If an article you read was particularly useful to you, please click on the green thumbs up at the end of the article. If the article wasn’t particularly useful, you can click on the red thumbs down. This will help us learn what works and what doesn’t.